Upcycle with Tampico for Spring Fun
Spring has sprung in South Georgia, the flowers are blooming and the birds are singing. Spring is all about new life and the return of warmth. That means there are more opportunities for imagination and curiosity outside! Tampico understands what Spring is all about with the release of a refreshed look that celebrates the fun blend of fruit flavors in each sip! Our family loves to spend time outdoors during the Spring, so we thought that we would do an activity together that combines both of these things. Our Springs don't last very long in Georgia so we have to enjoy the refreshingly great weather while we can. We are beyond thrilled to bring you this simple bird feeder that you can make a home in just a few simple steps with the help of the Tampico bottles.
Youtube video goes here
What you will need:
- A Tampico bottle that is empty and cleaned
- bird seeds
- scissors (use with adult supervision)
- knife (should only be used by an adult)
- a place to hang it
Steps to make your bird feeder:
- Clean and dry the bottle thoroughly, removing any labels. Allow the bottle to air dry for several hours or overnight if possible to ensure no moisture remains inside that could potentially cause seeds to spoil. You can also dry it out with a paper towel.
- Cut the feeding holes taller than they are wide, this will make it easier for birds to feed. You will need to use the knife to start the cutting process. Change over to the scissors to finish cutting the hole. Make sure there are no sharp edges, we lined ours with a clear tape. Always remember safety first, children should be supervised at all times.
- Fill the feeder with the desired seed.
- Hang the feeder outside and wait for birds to discover it! Feeders can be hung from small branches by the carrying handle on the Tampico bottle. Twine or ribbon can also be looped through the handle to hang.
***You can also decorate your bird feeder with paint, but we decided to leave it clear to make it easier to see the birds inside! And we’d also know when to add more seeds.***
Making these bird feeders are fun for the whole family, plus they are super easy! Bird watching is also fun and relaxing, it's a great way to discover nature in your own backyard. What could be better than pouring a refreshing glass of your favorite blend of Tampico and spending time with your family enjoying all that spring has to offer? Tampico is currently available in 11 yummy flavors of fun!