My family loves going to the movies, and we try to catch every family-friendly film we can while in theaters. Movie theater popcorn (more butter, please!) and a couple of hours to escape and laugh with my loves is what I call a great time. My youngest, Miss Bea, has been begging to see DreamWorks The Boss Baby ever since she saw previews last fall. To bide our time while we wait for DreamWorks The Boss Baby to hit theaters, we've been in the kitchen whipping up Peanut Butter Blossoms "Boss-oms" to pair with Peach Tampico, for a perfect treat!
Peanut Butter Blossoms are one of those cookies that should be in every home's cookie arsenal. They're easy, fun, and super yummy. Plus, according to previews, DreamWorks The Boss Baby loves his cookies!
Everyone needs something to wash down those cookies, and I've never been a milk drinker myself, so we grabbed one of the many flavors of Tampico to go along with our Peanut Butter Boss-oms. The kids opted for Peach Tampico, which was a big hit. Tampico is one of the world's best-loved beverages when it comes to high quality and value-added juice drinks.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 30 chocolate kisses
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (I use simply ground peanut butter for a bit of crunch)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup additional granulated sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In an electric mixer, beat shortening and peanut butter until combined. Add sugars and mix until fluffy before adding egg, milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt until combined. Gradually add dry mixture to wet mixture; beat to incorporate.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in remaining sugar. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake cookies 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and quickly press chocolate into the center of each cookie. Remove cookies from baking sheet and cool on wire rack. Makes about 30 cookies.