The heat has arrived and most everyone is finally on summer vacation. We're heading out of town to a family reunion with my whole family (parents, siblings, spouses and nieces and nephews). There are about 48 of us in total and I'm excited for my kids to get to play with cousins whom they love and don't get to see often, and to catch up with family. Of course, what's a family reunion without some great food? We will spend almost a week together, so I'm sure you can imagine all the shopping that needs to take place to feed this large crew. My oldest sister and I are planning a taco bar one night and for dessert will be my very tasty Lemonade Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting!
I've always been a fan of lemon desserts with Mexican food - they just complement each other well. The fantastic thing about my Lemonade Cake is it's made from scratch without a ton of ingredients and you get its lemon source from Tampico Old-Fashioned Lemonade with Lime! Don’t forget to grab your favoriteTampico while grocery shopping and check out it’s refreshed brank look, great for serving with dinner, but remember to reserve a bit for your dessert recipe. It's refreshing and delicious for any warm summer day. Even better is that it's great for serving up to a large crowd, like at my family reunion next week!
No matter where your summer takes you, it's nice to cool off with something refreshing. With Old-Fashioned Lemonade with Lime, I say get creative in the kitchen and get the kids involved with making popsicles, smoothies and cakes! The possibilities are endless, and then you can freshen up with a glass.
Miss Bea and I had fun coming up with this Lemonade Cake with lemon cream cheese frosting, and even the kids were super impressed with how good it was. It's more of a pound cake with great flavor, and the frosting gives it that extra oomph to really play with the taste buds.
The frosting to cake ratio is perfect on this bundt cake. Serve up a slice and don't forget to enjoy your friends and family while you eat! When we're not traveling to see family we love to entertain on our front porch and eat together while we play games and/or watch movies from our projector. I'd love to hear how you plan to spend your summer vacation, and what good eats you're planning to serve up. I hope you'll include Old-Fashioned Lemonade with Lime somewhere on the menu.
Lemonade Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 ½ sticks cups salted butter, softened
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3¼ cups flour
- 3/4 cup Tampico Old-Fashioned Lemonade with Lime
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbs Old-Fashioned Lemonade with Lime
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease a bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest. Stir to coat zest before adding butter.
- Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium-high, about 7 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing in between every addition and scraping the sides down as necessary.
- Slowly add flour to creamy mixture and mix just until combined. Add lemonade and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour mixture into greased bundt pan and bake for 70-75 minutes, or until cake is golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool for 10 minutes or so before turned out onto a cake pan. Prepare frosting.
- In mixing bowl, combine butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar. Mix until smooth then add 2 tablespoons of Tampico Old-Fashioned Lemonade with Lime. Incorporate with mixer.
- Add more lemonade if needed to get desired frosting consistency for easy drizzling and spreading. Frost cooled cake and enjoy!