Summer is in full swing! There’s nothing like an iced cold beverage and a sweet treat in the dead of heat. Tampico Tropical Punch is refreshing on a hot summer day and only contains 30 calories per serving! It features some irresistible fruity flavors, namely cherry, orange and pineapple. I’ve been craving a sweet treat for the past couple of weeks now. I wanted something that tasted like summer, so I decided to bake an orange pound cake. I love baking with citrus flavors. I don’t bake often, but when I do, I usually stick to using lemons in my recipes, but I decided to try a recipe using oranges which is one of my favorite fruits.
This easy pound cake is baked in a loaf pan, so it’s relatively small and just the right size for many families. It is flavored with fresh-squeezed orange juice and orange zest which gives it an amazing orange flavor and makes it bright and sunny.
Pair a slice of this cake, with a nice cup of tea, for a delicious tea time treat.
How Do You Make Orange Pound Cake?
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt or plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Grease and flour 8-1/2 x 4-1/2-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine yogurt, orange juice and vanilla in small bowl; set aside.
- Combine sugar with orange peel in large bowl.
- Beat in butter with electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Alternately beat in flour mixture and yogurt mixture on low speed just until blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 55 minutes or until lightly browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Frost or glaze, if desired, while the cake is still warm.
My family and I have been enjoying the #ItsAColorfulLife Summer Scrapbook Challenge with Tampico. We are so happy to be a part of such an exciting challenge and look forward to creating more memories! Have you been following our adventures?