Now that summer is here, you’re probably looking for ways to have fun outdoors as a family. Here are some fun and exciting ways to get outside and spend quality time with your family.
1. Take a walk in the park. Walking together is a great way to combine physical activity with family time, and studies show that kids are more likely to open up if they are engaged in another activity while talking.
We love visiting parks since it’s a great way to get the whole family outside at once. Pretty much every city or town has some kind of park so go explore the ones around you and take in all of the activities they have to offer.
After almost a whole week of rain, we finally had a beautiful sunny day this weekend. We were itching to get outdoors so we headed to a local park. We walked, gazed at the lake and just enjoyed being out in nature. When we were done, we found a picnic table and enjoyed a few snacks and quenched our thirst with Tampico Kiwi Strawberry and Island Punch. There is nothing better than a cold, refreshing drink on a hot summer day.
2. Visit a zoo. Whether you’re young or old, going to the zoo is always a fun activity. There’s so much to explore at the zoo. We are very fortunate to have a small zoo right inside our local park. We always get a kick out of seeing the animals. Hubby loves to feed them as well. Going to the zoo is a great place for families to to connect.
3. Have a picnic. Picnics are a great inexpensive way to spend time with your family. All you need is a blanket, good food and some games and you’re ready to go. We had a picnic in our backyard last month and really enjoyed it.
4. Go swimming. Slather on some sunscreen and head out to the pool for an hour or two. Swimming is not only fun, it’s good exercise. We are fortunate to have a pool in our backyard, and we take full advantage of it.
5. Go on a treasure hunt. Enjoy a good treasure hunt? Go geocaching. Geocaching is a real-world, treasure hunting game that combines outdoor adventure and GPS. This family-friendly activity is a great way to have fun together outdoors, get some exercise and work on life skills such as problem solving, map reading and math.
Don't get stuck inside this summer! Get out there and have fun outdoors as a family! Join us and follow along to do your own Summer Scrapbook Challenge with Tampico and keep track of all of the colorful moments your family experiences this summer!